Today & tomorrow we are having a Special Sale on WarClicks, grab the chance and get your best Gold package cheaper!
We just opened the mail and seen this message:
Out of 2,204 games competing for best indie game of 2017 we’ve made it into Top 100!!
A huge success for the game and its potential for a lot of future publicity. We are now one step closer to achieving even greater results with the game!
Now the top 100 games are entering the second 10-day voting round, to determine the top games!
And WarClicks has every chance to make it to the top of the list! There are some huge games competing now, but with a complete graphical overhaul and added game mechanics never seen in this genre, we have lots of potentials to reach a great result. As it already turned out, lots of players supported us so far in the first round, thank you!
We now need help of every one of you once more to help us climb towards the top in this final round!
Voting takes just a few seconds:
(We won’t be angry if you share this link with your family and friends 😉 )
Thanks in advance for your support!
Note: Every member from the IndieDB community who votes, has a chance to win a game from IndieDB #modlove collection.
The winning indie teams will be heavily promoted across IndieDB network!
As a result of lots of new functions and changed game mechanics we updated Help section and added more ‘Question boxes’ in the game, so everyone playing Warclicks should get a clearer picture on how a specific feature works. If you still find something that is not described enough or something that you still need more information about, please let us know by leaving a comment below this post.
As we would like to make the game more understandable for new players, we appreciate every tip regarding adding/explaining features in more detail.
We also added a Help button near Settings & Game menu, so you can easily read & get to know a bit more about main mechanics and PvP, Boss Fights, Country Invasion, Army Privatization as well.
We just wanted to drop some info about the recent improvements/bug fixes in the past few days to help shed some clarity on what’s been sorted and what not, so if there’s some issues you still spot let us know about it and we will resolve them as quickly as possible!
Fixes: – Massive improvements on WarZone progression/state checking (main cause of “reinitiating before PvP battles”). This means that units drops, battle stars, daily tasks, achievements, unit kills, damage done, mission rewards, wheel rewards, tc… basically any warzone related action should now be properly saved. So if you still spot any inconsistencies please do let us know about it so we might investigate further!
- battle type achievements and units destroyed achievements weren’t being checked properly, so you might notice getting them for “the past”
- some WZ upgrades were causing small miscalculations with DPC
- icons showing up/popping up should be properly sorted
- pvp battle simulation improvements
- addition of help popups on most confusing/important features
- help section reworked with new information
On Friday we have deployed the massive WarClicks rework – biggest update to date!
The rework pushes the quality and extent of the game far beyond where the old version was, opening us to bigger markets and much bigger potential! Some of the main changes also bring our vision to life, making it the first game in its genre where active and idle play interconnect and affect each other tons more than in other games that touch the same note.
It brings something new to the fast-growing genre, and something we plan to focus a lot of our marketing efforts on. It is one of the main appeals of the game, as well as a “mechanic” in itself, that allows for not only extended gameplay time, but also makes it far more interesting as a multiplayer game as it opens the game up to tons more strategies!
Before we get to the details I’d like to take the opportunity to ask you all to take a few minutes, and vote for us on IndieDB, as it has a voting event, which can help us bring more publicity and help us market the game.
Every vote counts so please take a few seconds and vote for us at:
The rework is a huge upgrade to the game, here is a quick recap of the extent and the main changes:
– Full rework of WarZone code, as well as massive improvements to its core mechanics
-Full User Interface and Design overhaul, that not just increase its overall quality and makes it more modern, but also improves the usability a lot
– Massive frontend optimizations, making the game run smoother on all devices. It also introduces us for some minor adjustments needed for the game to be neatly playable on mobile, as well as ports better into various online platforms
– Massive backend optimizations, making the game more scalable and reliable (better sync of progress – minus initial live issues we have been sorting)
– Massive improvements to how progression works, making the game playable for longer periods and more enjoyable/less repetitive
– Introduction of a “second prestige” to BootCamp, which makes BootCamp playable and interesting on the long-term. On top of it serving as one of the major connections to WarZone as it reenables you to be able to deploy tons of troops to WarZone
– Far more interesting gameplay on WarZone – Boss Battles, several types of upgrades and where you specialize in and unique simulations of PvP battles, that introduces the multiplayer aspect to the player and makes it that much more interesting. It also serves as a great “pause” between all that clicking and something to just enjoy watching!
– We’ve also reworked the concept of getting into the game to increase conversion and enhance guest/player experience. Instead of simply loading the game on first visit, the homepage for non-players is now a landing page, that shows the main appeals of the game – and with a single click of a button you can get to play it! This makes the game much more sharable and easier to promote in any type of channel.
Although the first few days have been a bit rocky, as we were dealing with some Continue reading
…introducing a valuable feature for all experienced players of WarClicks. As a part of our rework we’ll introduce another and deepest function of prestiging (deploy-like function) :
Your country is on the lookout for well-established BootCamps to help grow its strength faster, and it’s offering you special privileges in exchange for your BootCamp progress and all the work you’ve put into it – Army privatization. Pfftt… why would you want to do that? Well, given that status you’ll be getting huge benefits that will help you rebuild faster and becoming even stronger!
So, how can this function help you progress faster and when does it appear?
As we improved our game concept by connecting both worlds more tightly, connecting training units with fighting units in WarZone, we decided to offer players another option of sacrificing progress for long-termed boosts via a “Second prestige”. This function works pretty similar to Deploy Troops but on a higher level (sacrifice your current game state for much faster overall progress).
What does Second Prestige?
– resets all BootCamp progress (Units, Power Points, Trainers, Upgrades, Contractors)
– Yes – Army contractors are reset as well with it!
– Investors remain.
– In turn it gives you a HUGE boost that allows you to speed up through the game faster than ever! Remember when you used Deploy for the first time? Well, this will give that extra rush back to you at higher stages of the game! … Plus it will all connect well with the way BootCamp and WarZone will be connected, and giving you a chance to be able to deploy more troops, more often again!
Second Prestige can be used once you reach 10^30 total Power Points.
We’re excited to let you know that the massive update/rework of WarClicks is scheduled to be released end of next week!
A lot of information has already been released in our blog and Reddit about various changes, improvements and additions, but today we want to share more info on why and how we will transition everyone’s progress to the reworked version.
One of the main goals (besides improving optimization, design and smoothness of the game) was to make the game more competitive by introducing mechanics that allow for different strategies, get rid of the linearity and just make the game a whole lot more fun to play!
Due to several technical issues of old game implementation (especially in WarZone), as well as making sure both existing and new players get a great experience of the game, we will be doing some changes (read: partial reset) to the current game stat of existing players.
We have taken great consideration of all the time and work you guys have invested into the game already, and have come to several solutions that will work really well with the rework – ensuring your past work and time is valued, but at the same making sure existing players’ experience morphs neatly into the new game!
Let’s get to the main changes:
1) Score: To make scoring more interesting it will now be a mix of damage done inWarZone and a multiplier based on your total Power Points produced in BootCamp.
2) Following point one, existing score and basically all of WarZone state as is will be reset. As neither are workable with the new improved progression, competitions, some technical restrictions and just in general how WarZone will now work and how more it will now tie to BootCamp.
What does this mean exactly for existing players:
– any badges and DPC boosts gained before the rework will be merged into one or two new badges, which will give you massive boosts (relative to your current power of boosts, but not exactly the same) that will help you speed up through the early game much faster. But to ensure the game remains competitive with new players, these badges will be temporary and valid untill the end of 2017.
– Any Gold you spent in WarZone will be refunded and added to your account IN FULL!
Competitions after rework will work a bit differently. To make things more interesting we are changing some fundamental mechanics of how score is calculated. From now on, score will represent some sort of combined progress of both WarZone AND BootCamp. Damage done in WarZone will still remain as basis of the score, that will be multiplied by a certain factor based on your BootCamp progress. This change will go well in hand with the overall improved connection between the two worlds and make the competition between players a lot more interesting, as it won’t be as linear anymore!
To help us get rid of some scaling and performance issues down the road, we will also be limiting display of past results of competition to last two. We will see if we can in some better way display all past competition results later on, but in the current implementation it is simply not a workable way as it could cause us a lot of issues down the road.
What is in the current considered as “score”, will now basically become damage done in WarZone. So still a relevant statistic, but the new overall score will now represent the overall progress of a player much more better,, as it connects both worlds and makes up for a much more interesting competition!