On Friday we have deployed the massive WarClicks rework – biggest update to date!
The rework pushes the quality and extent of the game far beyond where the old version was, opening us to bigger markets and much bigger potential! Some of the main changes also bring our vision to life, making it the first game in its genre where active and idle play interconnect and affect each other tons more than in other games that touch the same note.
It brings something new to the fast-growing genre, and something we plan to focus a lot of our marketing efforts on. It is one of the main appeals of the game, as well as a “mechanic” in itself, that allows for not only extended gameplay time, but also makes it far more interesting as a multiplayer game as it opens the game up to tons more strategies!
Before we get to the details I’d like to take the opportunity to ask you all to take a few minutes, and vote for us on IndieDB, as it has a voting event, which can help us bring more publicity and help us market the game.
Every vote counts so please take a few seconds and vote for us at:
Vote for War Clicks in the 2017 Indie of the Year Awards
The rework is a huge upgrade to the game, here is a quick recap of the extent and the main changes:
– Full rework of WarZone code, as well as massive improvements to its core mechanics
-Full User Interface and Design overhaul, that not just increase its overall quality and makes it more modern, but also improves the usability a lot
– Massive frontend optimizations, making the game run smoother on all devices. It also introduces us for some minor adjustments needed for the game to be neatly playable on mobile, as well as ports better into various online platforms
– Massive backend optimizations, making the game more scalable and reliable (better sync of progress – minus initial live issues we have been sorting)
– Massive improvements to how progression works, making the game playable for longer periods and more enjoyable/less repetitive
– Introduction of a “second prestige” to BootCamp, which makes BootCamp playable and interesting on the long-term. On top of it serving as one of the major connections to WarZone as it reenables you to be able to deploy tons of troops to WarZone
– Far more interesting gameplay on WarZone – Boss Battles, several types of upgrades and where you specialize in and unique simulations of PvP battles, that introduces the multiplayer aspect to the player and makes it that much more interesting. It also serves as a great “pause” between all that clicking and something to just enjoy watching!
– We’ve also reworked the concept of getting into the game to increase conversion and enhance guest/player experience. Instead of simply loading the game on first visit, the homepage for non-players is now a landing page, that shows the main appeals of the game – and with a single click of a button you can get to play it! This makes the game much more sharable and easier to promote in any type of channel.
Although the first few days have been a bit rocky, as we were dealing with some Continue reading